M3GAN, or Megan, is a Child’s Play knock-off that’s more in keeping with the recent Child’s Play reboot and the techy elements of that one than the spirited original.
A Silicon valley-type corporation is mucking about where it shouldn’t with mostly predictable results.
This is another killer doll type movie, fairly good of its type – but its type ain’t that good, as it’s a genre that’s not particularly riveting at least according to this reviewer.
In this episode:
- Child’s Play comparisons
- Allison Williams and the zeitgeist aspect of AI
- Emotional resonance and storytelling
- Other killer doll movies
- The general crappiness of Blumhouse productions
- Cinematography and tone and their importance in horror
- Crummy comedians and material that’s played for yuks in horror