Skinamarink is an ultra low Canadian horror that’s being dismissed in some circles as “boring” and touted as “genius” in others.
I am going to split the difference.
This is definitely a unique beast that’s worth a look. Tune in, and check out the film, which has made waves online and which is now available to be watch on Shudder.
On the podcast:
- Edmonton and its association with horror films
- Traditionalism in the horror space/horror fandom
- Domestic household horror, House, The Changeling
- Audience response to “arthouse” horror vs modern remakes
- TV as cinematography, Demons 2, Poltergeist
- Cartoons, soundtracks
- Canadian horror and its uniqueness